Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Bumming around.

It's so anticlimactic.

For the first time ever since I can remember lately, I'm all alone in the house with absolutely nothing to do. The last time it happened I was still single, back in my studio at Beatriz. And I'm not enjoying it as I thought I would.

Something's wrong.

A has a lunch meeting so I don't even have to cook lunch. Not even for myself. (I realized how fat I've become lately seeing myself in the Candlelight ceremony pics.) Will not eat if I'm not hungry. Will try to go back to the gym, or at least, to walking.

So I think I'll just take a nap.

But how could I? It's too hot. And my mind's rummaging through its usual dizzying inventory of things I have to do, foremost of which is the series of paintings I'll have to do for my completion of FA 236. Roy tells me they'll only start working on it today. It's my fault, because when I ordered the supports I did tell him I might only be able to get around to doing it by May--after the Candlelight, after the workshops.

Then I remember I have to pay my accountant. And attend to the renewal of my business permit. And the umpteenth request for my correct BPI Credit Card.
And the conversion of the dvd copy of my portfolio into mpeg.

How can one bum around, with these?

2 Comments:

Blogger sandygirl said...

Hi may, I'm back online! :) This entry reminds me of my painting days, when I had so much time on my hands. I remember that it always helped to have a friend (better yet a mentor) take a look at my progress from time to time. Even having a cousin snoop around kinda helped. Hey, good luck with the paintings!

May 05, 2005 6:13 PM  
Blogger may said...

Hehe, I'm so bad at bumming around.And also at managing my time. Now I just realized that the first week of May suddenly is almost over. (Now how did that happen?!). Suddenly, I only have barely more than three weeks to finish 10 4 x 4's. Aaargh!!! Thanks, sandygirl, for wishing me luck. Btw, was hoping to see a new post in your blog.

May 05, 2005 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home